No matter how old you are or what kind of shape you’re in, you’ve probably battled cellulite at some point. Everyone has! Personally, I got tired of being ashamed to wear a bathing suit or short shorts, so I decided to challenge myself to reduce the appearance of cellulite in six months. I started in January, and once June came along, I was wearing short shorts and feeling great about myself!
How did I do it?
With coffee and essential oils!
The caffeine in coffee dehydrates your system. While that may sound like a bad thing, it’s actually good for your cellulite battle. That’s because cellulite occurs when clumps of fat push up against the connective tissue underneath your skin, and the end result looks like cottage cheese. (Women tend to have thinner skin, so their fat cells are a lot more noticeable. That’s why you see so many women complaining about their cellulite!) If you can break down those fat cells, though, your skin will look smoother. Luckily, dehydrating the cells will do just that — at least on a temporary basis.
- 1/2 cup of finely-ground coffee (NOT decaf!)
- 1/2 cup turmeric (This is a popular bath aid that may stimulate weight loss. It’s also used to relieve joint inflammation, so you won’t just look better — you’ll feel better, too!)
- 1/2 cup Detoxing Body Oil (A mixture of cedarwood, fennel, rosemary, and orange essential oils that are diluted with a special blend of coconut oil, golden jojoba, and calophyllum inophyllum)
Why exactly does this scrub work so well?We’ve talked about what coffee can do, but the essential oils in our Detoxing Body Oil are big cellulite-fighters, too. Here’s why:
- Cedarwood essential oil is a mild diuretic that combats fluid retention. The less fluid you have floating around, the less cellulite you’ll have! It also draws excess fat out of your tissues — the same fat that’s giving you that “cottage cheese” look.
- Fennel essential oil helps your body flush out toxins — like the stagnant fat that’s causing your cellulite. It also pulls excessive water out of your tissues, which can minimize cellulite. (In fact,Fennel oil has been used as a slimming aid in a number of different cultures!)
- Orange also eliminates excessive fluids and toxins from your body. Plus, it helps metabolize fat — meaning it will break up all of those yucky fat cells that are sitting right underneath your skin!
If you want to give your skin an even bigger boost, massage your problem areas with Detoxing Body Oil every day.
Then, once a week (after you’ve just finished scrubbing), wrap your problem areas with plastic wrap (Yes, the same stuff that’s sitting in your kitchen drawer!), and leave it on for 30 minutes. This will make your skin look even smoother!
The key to winning the cellulite fight is to be consistent. No matter how bad your cellulite may be, it’s never too late to try and get rid of it — as long as you’ve got the right plan. The sooner you commit yourself to this coffee scrub ritual, the sooner you’ll be ready to slip into those short shorts!
If I can do it, so can you! Order a bottle of Detoxing Body Oil today, and start fighting back against cellulite today!
This information is based on traditional use of aromatherapy and it does not intend to diagnose or treat any condition. This information should not be used as a substitute for medical counseling with a health care professional. No part of this article may be reproduced in whole or in part without the explicit written permission of Aromandina.