- Lavender essential oil : Sedative, calms nervous anxiety; calms the heart and soothes a restless, hyperactive state. Helps to counteract anxiety, irritability, nightmares, restlessness.
- Mandarin and Mandarin Petitgrain essential oils: Sweet and loving; ideal for children’s restlessness, anxiety and lack of sleep.
- Marjoram essential oil: Relaxing, warming, comforting. Very effective for chronic insomnia. Calms the mind. Indicated for palpitations, tachycardia, hypertension.
- Sandalwood essential oil: It has a cooling and calming effect on the nervous system. Effective in states of obsessive worry. Useful to ease recurrent nightmares and irritability.
- Palo Santo essential oil: It invokes a feeling of sacredness as in entering a temple; quiets the mind from mundane thoughts; and has a purifying effect on the mind.
The efficacy of aromatherapy in the treatment of insomnia has been established by scientific research  and the regular use of essential oils has helped millions of sleep deprived people all over the world.