Here is a step by step guide to create a ‘Personalized Aromatherapy Body Oil’. 1.
Spend some quiet time just thinking about the person you are making the ‘Personal Blend’ for and set the intention to make them the perfect scent that is special to them. 2.
After you have done that think about what part of the plant they remind you of? Not just how they look, but deep inside.
- Are they beautiful, delicate and feminine like a flower? Do they need to boost their self-esteem? Then choose feminine flowery essential oils like Rose, Jasmine, Geranium, Clary Sage or Ylang Ylang to enhance their beauty, calm them when they are stressed and raise their self esteem.
- Are they grounded like a root or a tree? Or, do they need to be grounded and be more stable? Then choose essential oils from roots and trees like Palo Santo, Cedarwood or Ginger to provide stability, help them to be grounded and help them achieve their goals.
- Are they clean and fresh like everlasting conifers? Do they need to have a new, fresh perspective? Then choose Pine, Fir, Spruce or Rosemary essential oils to help them be healthy, focused and full of energy.
- Or are they the happy kind, like citrus fruits? Do they need some cheering up? Any citrus fruit will do the trick in providing a fresh, relaxing and invigorating scent. You can choose Sweet Orange, Lemon or Grapefruit.
3. Once you choose the part of the plant they remind you of, think about the positive physical and emotional benefits that those essential oils provide.
4. People are very complex, they won’t fit in just one category, so feel free to mix and match.
5. I have found that usually a blend will have between 3 – 5 essential oils.One will stand out as dominant and there will be 2 – 4 essential oils as complementing aspects. Follow steps 2 and 3 to choose the complementing essential oils.
6. Hold the essential oils you have chosen in your hands, or if you don’t have the essential oils yet, write each one you choose on a separate piece of paper and put them in front of you. Continue thinking about your Loved-One with the intention of giving them the perfect blend that is special to them.
As you do this, you might put one of the essential oils back or think of another one. When you feel finished and complete you are done. 7.
Put a total of 60 drops of essential oil in our 4 oz Therapeutic Carrier Oil
or Jojoba Oil bottle Use your intuition and sense of smell to get that perfect ratio of your chosen essential oils. A useful hint: citrus oils always add sweetness to a blend that can otherwise feel too strong or unappealing. Click here to see a list of the different single note Essential Oils you can use to make your special blends.
Please let us know your stories and experiences about blending. All our readers will thank you. Related Articles: I Love Coconut Oil — Here’s Why You Should, Too!
© 2013, Cristina Proano-Carrion,
This information is based on traditional use of aromatherapy and it does not intend to diagnose or treat any condition. This information should not be used as a substitute for medical counseling with a health care professional. No part of this article may be reproduced in whole or in part without the explicit written permission of Aromandina.