Here’s a very healthy low calorie antioxidant smoothie to enjoy every day. I like to prepare the pumpkin the night before so that it is ready to use in the morning
¼ small pumpkin baked
1 cup plain yogurt
1 scoop protein powder
2 drops fresh ginger essential oil
Stevia or brown sugar to taste Blend together pumpkin, protein powder, yogurt, stevia and ginger essential oil. Enjoy. How to bake the pumpkin
- Preheat the oven on 350 F.
- Seed and cut 1 small pumpkin in 4.
- Place pumpkin, face up, in a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with a little cinnamon
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until pumpkin is very tender.
- You can put the pumpkin pieces in a container and store it in the refrigerator; you will only need 1 quarter pumpkin for each smoothie.
- Antioxidant – Free radical scavenger (can prevent cancer)
- Immune stimulate because it can stimulate the activity of Glutathione producing enzymes
- General tonic
Health benefits of pumpkin
The distinctive bright orange color of pumpkin clearly indicates that it’s an excellent source of that all-important antioxidant beta-carotene
. Research shows that people who eat a diet rich in beta-carotene are less likely to develop certain cancers than those who fail to include beta-carotene-rich foods in their diet. Pumpkin also has another carotenoid, beta-cryptoxanthin, which may decrease the risk of lung cancer in smokers.* *Source http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/food-nutrition/natural-foods/natural-weight-loss-food-pumpkin-ga.htm © 2011, Cristina Proano-Carrion, Aromandina LLC
This information is based on traditional use of aromatherapy and it does not intend to diagnose or treat any condition. This information should not be used as a substitute for medical counseling with a health care professional. No part of this article may be reproduced in whole or in part without the explicit written permission of Aromandina.