1. Relief for mosquito bites and allergic reactionsAllergy Calm Roll On with anti-inflammatory essential oils like Blue Chamomile, Lavender and Hyssop, is a powerful weapon in the fight against bug bites, sunburns, rashes, and other allergic reactions. It can even help your blisters and bruises heal faster — an absolute gift from the heavens when you try out those new hiking boots or spend the day getting bumped around in whitewater rapids! All you have to do is apply it liberally to the affected areas, and you’ll instantly feel better. After all, summertime is the perfect time to explore the great outdoors — but the last thing you want is for your dream summer holiday to turn into a nightmare because of itchy or burned skin!
2. Manage motion sicknessEven the best travel tips don’t offer much in the way of motion sickness. Unfortunately, though, whether your summer travel is by air, land, or sea, you can fall victim to motion sickness. Luckily, the essential oils in our Memoria Blend, Spearmint, Peppermint, Rosemary and Cardamom can help combat the headaches, fatigue, and sluggish feeling you get from all of that bumping, gliding, and driving. Just put 2 drops of oil on a paper towel, and inhale the scent. Or place the paper towel in the car’s air conditioning vents.
3. Reduce your chances of developing heat exhaustion and heat strokeWant to enjoy the summer heat and stay safe? You’ll need plenty of water on hand. Another thing you need to have nearby? Essential oils with natural cooling properties — like Peppermint and Spearmint. When you spray your body and face with our Alerta Body Mist, it will lower your body temperature. As a result, your odds of developing heat exhaustion and heat stroke go way down! You will instantly feel refreshed, no matter how high the mercury climbs!
4.Get over jet lagAll of that summer travel can make you feel like a glamorous jet-setter. But, unfortunately, all of that jet-setting can leave you completely jet lagged — and that’s definitely not a glamorous feeling! Instead of downing a bunch of coffee or sleeping your summer holiday away, Lemon, Grapefruit and Bergamot in our Citrus Delight Essential Oil Blend can really help. When you get to your destination, take a bath with 5 drops of this essential oil blend included to feel rejuvenated. Need some special treatment for your feet after running through the airport, standing in an endless line at security, and sitting cramped in coach? Just add 5 drops of Energy Essential Oil Blend to a bucket of warm water, and spend some time letting those poor feet soak.
5. Conquer your coldYou probably think of colds popping up during those damp, freezing winters — but a nasty cold can pop up during your summer holiday, too. If you don’t want to sniffle through your beach vacation, tap into the power of essential oils like Eucalyptus, Lavender, Ravensara, and Tea tree. All of these oils are included in our Immune Support Essential Oil Blend. Put a couple of drops on a tissue and breathe deeply.
6. Loosen up sore musclesOutdoor activities make you work all kinds of muscles that normally don’t see much action. Instead of pumping yourself full of ibuprofen at the end of the day, a simple aromatherapy blend can give you all the relief you need. Massage your sore areas with Pain Begone Body Oil. That way, you can feel free to take on the day — without worrying about being in excruciating pain by nightfall! If all of that muscle soreness is accompanied by physical exhaustion, the essential oils in Energy Essential Oil Blend Rosemary, Pine and Litsea Cubeba can instantly make you feel alert and refreshed. As helpful as aromatherapy is during the summer, you can take advantage of it all year long. At Aromandina, you can learn how to use aromatherapy to boost your health 365 days a year!
© 2012, Cristina Proano-Carrion, Aromandina LLC